This page contains general help information relevant to the main Ministry of Higher Education website. If you have a query or a problem about a specific page that is not addressed here, please use the 'contact us' form.
Finding your way around our website
The tabs at the left of the page are the main sections of the site. When you click on one of the tabs a list below the tab shows the main menu for that section. When you are in a section, the section menu on the left doesn't change.
Below the left hand menu, at the bottom left there are additional 'Quick links' to other areas of the site that may be useful.
Viewing other languages
The website is available in two languages: English and Arabic. To view the pages in these languages pick the language you require from the top of the screen.
The font size can be altered through enlarge and minimize option built in the portal. Likewise, you can also see the page by any size using the browser itself from “show” option.
Adjusting text size
Our website is built using relative font sizes, which means you can change the text size using your browser. In Internet Explorer this is done by going to the top menu and selecting 'View', then 'Text size'. Similar facilities exist in other browsers, normally on the 'View' menu. Your browser's 'Help' menu should give you further information about making these adjustments.
If you are having difficulty finding what you are looking for, you can also use our 'site map' at the top of the website.
To bookmark any web page that you're visiting (in Netscape or Microsoft Internet Explorer) Just press the CTRL+D keys on your computer's keyboard. The page you were visiting will automatically be added to your favorites. This is ideal for bookmarking several pages within a website.
Web site view
Web site pages are designed to work within the minimum computer monitor screen size.
Files readers programs
The portals enable you to read and view files made by Adobe PDF Reader.
You can also use the link below to convert PDF documents into Witten texts DOC or HTML without the need for any downloads to your PC.
For the good of everyone; the portals have devoted several channels to communicate with its clients, in order to understand their needs and receive any recommendations. You can approach us at the following means
Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
“Opinion Poll”: the portal has also deployed a corner to find out your opinion about the services we have.
Shortcuts and Keyboard solutions
You can use the keyboard shortcuts and keys to navigate your moves throughout the portals contents and abandon the mouse. Within here some instructions to help you:
• F1: display the help file.
• F4: repeat last operation.
• F11: show in full screen.
• Ctrl + Z: undo last action.
• Ctrl+F10: minimize the window.
• Tab: move through the page.
• Alt + Tab: switch between windows.
• Windows key + D: show disk top
• Windows key + E: start windows browser.
• Windows key + U: open the ease of access center.
• Ctrl + C: copy shadowed area.
• Ctrl + V: paste selected item.
• Ctrl + X: cut selected item
• Ctrl + N: open new window.
• Command + Shift +?: To open the help window.
• Command + Z: undo the operation or recurrence.
• Command + N: open new document in the current application / new window.
• Command + Q: out of the application used.
• Option-Command + M: to reduce the open windows and return to the Dock.
• Option-Command + C: To copy the text formatting shaded.
• Command + V: Paste clipboard contents in place of the cursor.
• Command + X: remove the check and put it in the clipboard
• Control + F2: Highlight the menu bar.
• Control + F5: Shading toolbar.
• Command + M: Minimize the window.
• Option-Command + M: Minimize all of the windows.
• F 10: to show all windows.
• F 11: to show the desktop window.
Using keyboard to navigate
You can navigate through our site easily by using the keyboard, through the following:
• Use the arrow buttons to move the top or bottom of the page.
• Use the Tab button to move between links.
• Use the Return button or Enter to select the connector.
• Use the Backspace button to return to the previous page.
If you need any generic answers to the most frequently asked questions, then the Ministry of Higher Education website provides FAQ's which is found at the top of the website.
If you need to contact someone to help you with your enquiry please see our website 'Contact Us' page, which gives you telephone numbers for particular purposes, as well as putting your feedback on the same page.
Please use the feedback at the bottom in the 'contact us' page to let us know if you are experiencing any problems.
Ministry of Higher Education welcomes comments. Please send any questions or concerns to email@example.com