About qualifications Equivalency and Recognition Dept.
The role qualifications equivalent dept. in solidarity and recognition with the vision of the Ministry of Higher Education in the Sultanate towards higher education comes with a high quality meets the requirements of sustainable development, so by working to ensure the quality of higher education outputs Omani institutions of higher education outside the Sultanate.
The qualification equation of the dept. and the recognition of the competent authority to deal with the academic qualifications issued outside the Sultanate of different countries of the world, and equalized through a verdict that qualified to be equated rewards academically one of the academic qualifications contained in the peace adopted in the national framework Sultanate qualifications, and the recognition of qualification school Acquistion means the holder the same rights and privileges earned by the national qualification holder landscapes.
There are three sections in the Chamber at the Ministerial Decree No. (22/2012), as each department specializes certain tasks that aims to deliver on the plans to be achieved in a shorter time, and in ways that are easier and sections:
1. academic equivalence of diplomas department: where are the academic certificates issued outside the Sultanate of Omanis and expatriates equation, through a ruling that the certificate to be offset by an equivalent academic diplomas contained in the ladder of certificates adopted in the Sultanate.
2. professional certification equation section: a section has been introduced soon, consider the qualifications of a professional nature.
3. Department of the recognition of higher education institutions outside the Sultanate: Works on the recognition of government educational institutions, including private and outside the Sultanate and the adoption of programs and disciplines where also the section examining requests for further study of the stages of the academic diploma and bachelor's, master's and doctoral students who wish to complete their studies outside the Sultanate.
Institutions of higher education non-Omani committee recognition
Commission to recognize higher education institutions is Omani equivalent academic qualifications granted by the technical committee scientific advisory assesses university academic and graduate certificates issued outside the Sultanate and is composed of a group of people with academic and scientific competence in various key disciplines Committee holds its meetings on a regular basis or at the request of the Chairman of the Committee before the date thereof at least one week, shall not be held valid unless attended by two-thirds of the number of members, at least, to be the Chairman or his deputy.
The Committee is concerned with the following: -
* The recognition of higher education institutions or canceled in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in the Regulations.
* Qualifications issued by institutions of higher education have never equated accordance with the terms and conditions specified in the Regulations and that equation.
* The proposal to amend the foundations of recognition or equation set forth in these regulations.
* Propose the formation of specialized technical committees to discuss and study the affairs of any recognition or the equation, determines the decision to set up these committees, terms of reference, and procedures and controls work.
* Supervising the preparation of a guide to institutions of higher education study recommended by the ministry, and updated in accordance with the latest developments.
* Search and examine any other issues related to the recognition or equation is displayed by the minister or the head of the Committee.
Electronic services provided by the department
In collaboration with the Information Technology department in the ministry, the qualifications equivalent circuit and recognition to provide services and receive reviewers requests through the website of the Ministry.
The services provided are:
* Qualification issued by the higher education institutions outside the Sultanate equation: They make a judgment that the school certificate to be offset by equivalent academically one of the school testimonies in the ladder of certificates approved the Sultanate and gives the holder the same rights and privileges that are supposed to get the student in the qualification landscapes, targeting this service higher education institutions and non-Omani graduates who actually has schooled outside the Sultanate whether school attendance system or networking system (online), whether they are graduates or Omanis and expatriates residing in the Sultanate.
* Ratification of the issued by the higher education institutions outside the Sultanate academic qualifications: the ratification of the data contained in the academic qualification Health (university / Graduate) issued by the higher education institutions outside the Sultanate by the Cultural Missions or the embassies of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Sultanate.
* Continue to study (university / Graduate study) institutions of higher education outside the Sultanate: These are summarized service access of students Omanis wishing to study outside the Sultanate approval in the study of a specific program at a specific institution of higher education degree (diploma + bachelor + Master + PhD) institutions of education High outside the Sultanate.
* The recognition of the institution of higher education outside the Sultanate: a service geared to all higher education institutions outside the Sultanate of Oman is and you want to be recognized by the Ministry.
Institutions of higher education outside the Sultanate
The department worked on the latest updated version of the lists of recommended study by the ministry of higher education institutions total attendance system, which was adopted by the Commission on the recognition of higher education institutions is Omani equivalent academic qualifications awarded by the Resolution: (a .t.m / 1 / 6-2015) dated 26/10/2015 AD, to be mandatory lists are complied with by the Omani student scholarship or student Omani student at his own expense.
It is worth noting that the list of recommended study in institutions of higher education by the Ministry subject to ongoing by the department concerned and the Commission to follow, the Committee may stop the enrollment of Omani students in institutions of higher education is the Omani when violation of these institutions to one of the articles stipulated in the Regulation on the committee or when its abuses the following:
· Violation of internal regulations and rules of the school.
· Doing the exception of Omani students from some of the requirements for admission, and the proportion of scheduled attendance.
· Exemption Omani students from some years or levels or courses based on their practical experience without having had any previous academic study.
· Granting academic qualifications in a period of time less than those provided for in the bylaws.
· Capacity authorized by the bypass, or an increase of Omani students present their intensity.
· Lost control of the safety and security of students on campus.
(Higher education institutions link outside the Sultanate has been discontinued study by the decision of the Commission to recognize the higher education institutions and non-Omani equivalent academic qualifications awarded).
The Commission has also previously developed criteria to recognize higher education institutions that arise programs networking education system (on line) and the foundations of the adoption of programs and equivalent educational qualifications in line with what is witnessing higher education sector in all parts of the world a lot of changes and transformations that Tvtadhaha technical and IT developments. The limitation of this type of learning to master's and doctoral degrees only in a number of countries (USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand).
The department is facing many challenges, including fraud in the academic qualifications of different types and enroll some students institutions of higher education are not recognized or fake institutions, where abounded in recent fake universities have names likeness largely recommended to study in universities with a slight difference in the order of the letters causing wearing of the students, prompting the department to intensify work to keep track of these institutions and raise the level of awareness among the public about the phantom universities, forgery and provide accurate statistics on these institutions and methods to provoke the students.