General Directorate of Colleges of Applied Sciences
The directorate of colleges of applied science oversees at the colleges of applied science which established by royal decree No.62/2007 on 3/7/2007 and it’s numbering six colleges are distributed in the states of Nizwa, Sohar, Salalah, sur, Ibri, Rustaq and the duration of university studies on faculties of applied science are five years, including a year of study foundation program and four years to get the bachelor’s degree in one of the offered programs on these colleges, and the programs are: information technology, international business management, communication studies and design. In addition, each program of it includes a range of disciplines and distributed those programs across six colleges (Sohar, Nizwa, Salalah, Sur, Ibri and Rustaq). It also notes that the major programs are not necessarily to put all of that in college program, which can put some programs in a college and some programs in another college, depending on the needs of the labor sector. The teaching language on the colleges of applied science is English language, on the other hand the engineering programs of the three disciplines (Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering) are only intended for the college of applied science in Sohar and the duration of study are six years, including two years of foundation programs.
The general directorate of colleges of applied science proceed there competencies through the following administrative divisions:
1. Office of General Director:
· The teaching office.
· Department of performance evaluation.
· Department of E-mail and documents.
· Department of statistics.
2. Department of Administrative and Financial Affairs:
· Department of development and human resources.
· Department of need and administrative affairs.
· Department of financial affairs.
3. Department of Academy Programs:
· Department of planning and software development.
· Department of evaluation division programs.
· Department of academy follow-up.
4. Center of Academy Electronic Systems:
· Department of support systems division.
· Department of electronic learning.
· Department of networks.
5. Student Services Center:
· Department of students’ activities.
· Department of admission.
· Department of counseling students and graduates directing.
6. Research Center:
· Department of publication and documentation division.
· Department of studies and research.
To visit unified website for the general directorate and the sixth colleges of applied science entering: www.cas.edu.om link
To visit the college of applied science Ibri: http://ibri.cas.edu.om
To visit the college of applied science Sohar: http://sohar.cas.edu.om
To visit the college of applied science Nizwa: http://nizwa.cas.edu.om
To visit the college of applied science Sur: http://sur.cas.edu.om
To visit the college of applied science Salalah: http://salalah.cas.edu.om
To visit the college of applied science Rustaq: http://rustaq.cas.edu.om